Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just Add Ink #15 - a sketch challenge

I love sketches!! Out of all the challenges I do for Just Add Ink I probably enjoy doing sketches the most. Maybe it's because with a layout there are literally endless possibilties and when you are given a sketch it narrows the possibilities down, but still gives you the challenge of making the sketch your own with the finer details. This week I decided to give my Melon Mambo cardstock, ink and ribbon some use - the first time I've had it out since it arrived a few weeks ago! I really don't know why I haven't used it before this. It's a great colour. I decided to pair it with Basic Grey (yes, I know it looks like Chocolate Chip in the photo) for this challenge. I think these colours look great together. I used my Good Friend stamps to make a bold focal point. I think Melon Mambo suits a bold image. Well, I hope you like my card for this week. Here is the JAI sketch:

And here is my version of the sketch:


A quick question for you - what is your favourite colour/s to combine with Melon Mambo?
Thanks for dropping in.
Nicole



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this card, Nicole. I actually thought you'd used Soft Suede with Melon Mambo! Looks fantastic, anyway :) I am onto my second pack of Melon Mambo - I really love it, despite it being my least favourite of the 3 new colours initially. It looks great with Summer Sun, and with Tempting Turquoise. I've also paired it with Soft Suede. Yum. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete