Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Add Ink - A Colour Challenge

I'm back again with my next Design Team project for Just Add Ink. The entries for the sketch challenge last week were absolutely amazing! I have to admit I initially found the sketch a bit of a challenge, but to see what people have done with it made me realise what a great sketch it was. I think it may have been the circle that threw me a bit. Maybe it's time to invest in the Circle Scissor Plus!
The challenge for this week is a colour challenge - More Mustard, Rose Red, Sage Shadow and Kraft. I really like the combo but had to think a bit to work out how I was going to use More Mustard, not my usual choice of colours. Then I remembered I had some cute More Mustard buttons in my stash and it became a bit easier!! Just enough MM without being overpowering. Here are the colours for this week:

My card this week has a simple layout. I wanted to let the embellishments (the buttons and rhinestone brad) stand out a bit against the stamping. I think if was making this card again I would add some embellishment to the butterfly. Some tiny More Mustard rhinestone brads, maybe. So, here is my little card for this week:



Make sure you go over to Just Add Ink and see what the rest of the Design Team have come up with. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations this week. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Nicole
Materials: Ink - Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Stamps - Great Friend, Short and Sweet, Cardstock - Rose Red, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Whisper White, Accessories - Kraft taffeta ribbon, orange rhinetsone brad, More Mustard buttons, Stampin' Dimensionals, Linen Thread, corner rounder punch

2 comments:

  1. I love this set....I've used and used it. And I love seeing new things done with it. I love how you've put the buttons on to look like flowers. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love butterflies. I think your card is really sweet and I like how you stamped the white leaves on the sage cardstock and sage leaves on the white cardstock. Your bow is really gorgeous. The rhinestone brad goes so nicely. I think I should buy some.

    ReplyDelete