Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just Add Ink #3 - Sketch Challenge

Just Add Ink has had another successful challenge this week with fabulous entries for Just Add Hearts. It's amazing to see how different people interpret the theme of the challenge.

This week's challenge is a sketch challeng. These are one of my favourite types of challenges because often the difficulty I get when trying to make a card is deciding on a layout. With a sketch, it's done for you and you can concentrate on the colours and finer details. I have to say, though, that this week's sketch was a challenge for me and I tried a number of different things before I was happy. Here is the sketch:


And here is my card for this week:




It's the first time my Razzle Dazzle rubber has seen ink, even though I've had it since before Christmas and it was the perfect image to do some emboss resist with. The background of the card was stamped with Versamark above the ribbon for a subtle look and Baja Breeze on the bottom to make the image stand out a little more. I have not used Baja Breeze, Real Red and Whisper white together before but I think I kind of like it!! I hope you do too.

Be sure to look at all the design team inspiration and the entries for this week's sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink.

Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think of these colours together - fun and fresh or over the top?
Nicole

Materials
Stamps - Razzle Dazzle
Ink - Baja Breeze, Real Red, Versamark
Cardstock - Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories - Real Red Spotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Baja Breeze button, linen thread, clear embossing powder, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Definitely fresh and fun! The Real Red circle outside the Whisper White circle really makes it pop! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, this is just fantastic! You have inspired me . . .I'm going to do a layout for this challenge and use you as my muse. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colours work well - the red stands out but isn't overpowering.

    ReplyDelete