Monday, January 4, 2010

Some other things I have been up to

Apart from my Christmas cards I didn't get much stamping done during December because I have been busy with some other projects. Firstly, I decided I wanted to make a twirly skirt for Madeleine with some beautiful fabric I got at the quilting shop. I am really pleased with how it turned out, although I don't have an overlocker so it's not the neatest on the inside. But no one is looking at that anyway! Here is Maddy at the Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Light Spectacular showing off her skirt:
I also wanted to get started on decorating Maddy's big girl's room since baby number 2's due date is fast approaching. I have ordered curtains (for all our bedrooms, lounge room and dining room) to replace the lovely sheets that have been on the windows since we moved into our house in May. We have set up her big bed and I have just finished making some fabric applique canvases which have colours to match her quilt. If you're interested in seeing close ups let me know. The pics are just taking so long to upload so I am just putting on the group ones.


And her new (very) big bed:


I also made some canvases for the nursery last year - owls. These canvases are more gender neutral because we have like to have a surprise when our babies are born.



That is all for now. I hope to be back this week with some stamping or scrapbooking. My aim for January is to get a few scrapbooking pages of Maddy done before baby no 2 arrives in February.


Thanks for looking,
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Wow - these are just gorgeous! I'll have to get you to teach me how to do those beautiful canvases some time. Maddy's skirt is adorable too. *sigh* I love looking at your blog!

    Maddy is just beautiful too. She looks so tiny next to her big bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bedrooms bet your little girl loves that new pink big bed! Love the idea for the owl canvases in the nursery - might have to pinch that idea for baby number 3 due in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your canvas art is amazing - love it!!

    ReplyDelete